Does your dental insurance cover orthodontics?
At Lucas Orthodontic Group, we don’t want anything to stop you from getting your dream smile – costs included. That’s why our team is here to help you maximize your orthodontic insurance. Whether your dental insurance provider is in-network or not, we file all insurances because we want you to get the most out of your benefits. We are in-network with the following insurance providers:
Frequently Asked Questions About Orthodontic Insurance
- How much does orthodontic insurance cover? Orthodontic insurance coverage widely varies from provider to policy. To find out how much your orthodontic insurance will cover, call your dental insurance provider today and ask the important verification questions above.
- What if my orthodontic insurance is out of network? That doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t be covered at Lucas Orthodontic Group. Prior to starting treatment, we can verify your orthodontic insurance and estimate your coverage.
As a courtesy to our patients, we file all insurance claims, regardless if they are in-network or not.
- Do I need to be referred to use orthodontic insurance?
You do not need to be referred to receive treatment at Lucas Orthodontic Group.
However, to utilize your orthodontic insurance, you may be required to seek treatment from a licensed orthodontist – one who has received extensive training and education in this specialized dental field. Meet our licensed orthodontists!
Depending on your policy, there may be cost benefits of using an in-network provider. Call your insurance provider to learn the specifics of your policy or contact us today to see how we can help.
- What if I change my orthodontic insurance? If there are changes in your insurance information, contact our Billing Department at 615-377-7777. For specific instances, please review our suggestions below:
If you lost or are considering canceling your orthodontic insurance, we encourage you to call us to determine your outstanding insurance balance. Most orthodontic insurances make payments over the course of your treatment. So if you still have a balance and no longer have orthodontic insurance to cover it, you will be responsible for the remaining balance.
If your orthodontic treatment is in-progress and you are replacing current or adding new orthodontic insurance, it is important you find out your new coverage options. Some policies have stipulations on covering treatment currently in-progress.
- What if I don't have orthodontic insurance? We understand that not everyone has dental insurance, let alone orthodontic insurance. To meet the needs of most individuals and families, we offer flexible payment options and we accept major credit cards.
Before you start treatment, you will receive a treatment plan that clearly outlines financial information, providing a breakdown of costs and fees.